doomsday package won't install on ubuntu ("libassimp" not found)
in the control file in the debian package you have it depending on "libassimp" though it should be "libassimp4"
sudo dpkg --install doomsday_2.3.0-build3319_amd64.deb
[sudo] password for dave:
(Reading database ... 792673 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack doomsday_2.3.0-build3319_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking doomsday (2.3.0-build3319) over (2.3.0-build3276) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of doomsday:
doomsday depends on libassimp; however:
Package libassimp is not installed.
Ubuntu 19.10 \n \l
apt search libassimp
Full Text Search... Done
libassimp-dev/eoan 4.1.0~dfsg-5 amd64
3D model import library (development)
libassimp-doc/eoan,eoan 4.1.0~dfsg-5 all
3D model import library (documentation)
libassimp4/eoan,now 4.1.0~dfsg-5 amd64 [installed,automatic]
3D model import library
Fixed|Debian: Incorrect dependency in DEB metadata
There were two issues here:
1) The name of the libassimp library on Debian/Ubuntu is "libassimp4".
2) The packaging configuration failed to correctly check if the
library is actually needed (by default, it isn't).
#3 Updated by skyjake about 1 year ago
- Subject changed from dengine package wont install on ubuntu libassimp issue to doomsday package won't install on ubuntu ("libassimp" not found)
- Category set to 3rd party compatibility
- Status changed from New to Resolved
- Target version changed from 85 to Build system and tools
- % Done changed from 0 to 100