Multiple client instances
With Snowberry gone, it is feasible to add support for running multiple client instances. When the client is starting, it should check if there already are running instances, and if so, automatically select a new userdir for the new instance.
If the first instance uses, e.g., "~/.doomsday/runtime", the second one could just add a running number: "~/.doomsday/runtime2".
- Related to Bug #2055: [MP] Multiple instances can't connect to a local server added
- Related to Bug #1980: Client should refuse to use the same userdir as another already running client added
This may be relatively unimportant from an end user's point of view, but it would be nice for basic MP development, for instance.
- Target version changed from 2.0 – Home UI & Packages to Rendering
- Target version changed from Rendering to 2.1 (Late 2018)
- Target version changed from 2.1 (Late 2018) to Multiplayer
Also available in: Atom