Server-supplied (i.e., remote) resource files
The server provides clients with required resources, if the clients lack local copies. This would include PWADs, addons, 3D models, definitions, and the like. The purpose is to make it easier for clients to experience the game as intended by the server admin.
In practice, the server's resource packs could be made visible on the clients via a remote FS2 folder.
Also see the proposal about this.
- Subject changed from Server-supplied resource files to Server-supplied (i.e., remote) resource files
- Related to Feature #1878: [MP] Hosted files/pwads etc need client download and auto load/unload files added
- Description updated (diff)
- Related to Bug #1899: [Heretic] MP client imediately seg faults (wrong WADs) added
- Priority changed from High to Urgent
- Priority changed from Urgent to High
- Related to Bug #1934: Crash due to IWAD version mismatch in multiplayer added
- Target version set to 2.1 (Late 2018)
- % Done changed from 0 to 50
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- Status changed from In Progress to Resolved
- Assignee set to skyjake
- % Done changed from 50 to 100
- Status changed from Resolved to Closed
Also available in: Atom