Option to disable HUD/menu font upscaling
The subject speaks for it'self. There is no cvar or menu option to disable the font filter applied to menu and hud text.
I suppose this could also be considered as something needed to allow Dday to emulate Vanilla's appearance fully (for instance, one can disable filtering on textures, sprites and the hud bar, but not the hud number font).
For me the "rend-tex-filter-ui" cvar (also in the appearance editor) affects both the menu and HUD fonts: bilinear filtering is disabled if the cvar is zero.
Did you mean something different?
Indeed, there is a smoothing/up scaling filter applied to all fonts in Dday (UI and gameworld), that as far as I am aware, currently can't be disabled.
- Subject changed from No option to disable font filter to No option to disable HUD/menu font upscaling
- Tags set to Graphics, Resources, Fonts
- Tracker changed from Bug to Feature
- Subject changed from No option to disable HUD/menu font upscaling to Option to disable HUD/menu font upscaling
- Category set to Vanilla emulation
- Tags changed from Graphics, Resources, Fonts to Graphics, Resources, Fonts, HUD, Menu
- Priority changed from Normal to Low
- Target version set to Vanilla / Gameplay
Also available in: Atom