Armor, powerups (object status) controls 3D model representation
In jHexen, when you pick up pieces of armor, they affect your armor class and stick with you. It would be neato to be able to assign particular models for such cases so that you can see the players wearing such pieces of armor or enhancements.
I imagine that Deng team would prefer to define a general system that allowed the model maker to define a model or model effect for almost any state the player can be in; i.e. whether they are using a Tome of Power in Heretic or using Wings of Wrath etc.
Yeah, I was actually thinking that myself while writing this... That really makes the most sense! :) Doomguy with glowing eyes and maybe a golden aura while in "god mode" would also be kind of cool.
- Tags set to 3DModel
- Subject changed from jHexen models for gathered armor pieces to Model selector for armor, powerups
- Related to Feature #8: New GL2 based model renderer added
- Subject changed from Model selector for armor, powerups to Armor, powerups (object status) controls 3D model representation
- Category set to Enhancement
- Target version set to Modding
- Status changed from New to Progressed
- % Done changed from 0 to 30
The progress reflects the use of mobj hitpoints in 3D model scripting.
- Related to Bug #2343: Player weapon opacity doesn't affect psprite 3D models added
- Related to Bug #2363: Light Amplification powerup doesn't affect psprite 3D models added
- Assignee set to skyjake
- % Done changed from 30 to 70
Also available in: Atom